Wavy curls not only add to the body of your hair but also add to your, glamour, sex appeal and style. However, if you have naturally straight hair, it may be difficult to get the perfect curls. It is easier to perm when your hair is naturally curly or wavy. Moreover, perming the hair comes with its own baggage of side effects. Roughness, damage, hair fall, etc are some of them. Thus, it is advisable that those seeking for lovely curls should opt for sponge rollers than perming their hair. Here is your step-to-step guide for getting curly hair naturally:
- Blow dry your hair. However, keep it slightly damp and do not dry them out completely. Then divide your hair into sections and roll each section with rollers. Secure the rollers with clips.
- Use large curlers for loose curls and small ones for tight curls.
- Let dry your hair naturally. You could also use a dryer if you are short on time but make sure to keep it on the lowest.
- When your hair is dry, remove the curlers carefully and apply some serum or hair product to add shine to your hair.
- Comb your hair with fingers. Do not use a comb as it will loosen your curls.
- You could use a hair spray to make your curls last longer but do not use too much of it as it will make your hair look stiff.
If your hair is naturally wavy or curly, just wash and condition your hair. Then apply a hair lotion and run your fingers through your hair to remove knots. Avoid comb or brush to stay away from the frizzy look. However, it should be mentioned here that curls are surely cute and sexy, but they do not necessarily suit every woman’s personality. So, try curls at home once to see whether they suit you or not before going for curls just on the party night.
Steps To Straighten Your Hair Easily
So, you have naturally curly hair and you have always loved to flaunt those curls. However, there are days when you get bored with your curls and would love to have smooth and straight hair. Here is the right way to straighten your hair easily at home. If you want to remove body hair you should look for good epilators. Here are the things you would need ready at hand before you start the process:
- Wide-toothed comb
- Hair dryer (preferably with a nozzle/diffuser)
- Hair serum
- Hair straightener
- Heat protection spray
- Shampoo and conditioner
Here are the steps to be followed in order to straighten your hair:
- Shampoo and moisturize your hair to make it smooth and shiny. Dry your hair completely.
- Apply a leave-in conditioner on your hair.
- Use a wide tooth comb to part and comb your hair before and during blow-drying your hair, and after. Dry your hair using a hair dryer.
- Brush hair to eliminate as many knots as possible.
- Put the top half of your hair up into a bun.
- Divide the bottom half of your hair into small, thin sections which can be about 1-2 inches wide and only about 1/2 inch thick.
- Spray the heat tamer spray over the section of hair and run a comb through it to make it completely tangle-free.
- Hold a section of hair taut with one hand and use the other to clamp the flat iron as close to your roots as possible. Hold the hair firmly in the flat iron.
- Pull the flat iron over the small section of hair in one fluid movement. Repeat the process, if it is not completely straight in one try.
- Make it sure that here is no sizzling sound when using the iron. However, you could see steam rising if there is moisture in your hair.
- Continue the process with all the sections of your hair.
- Use the flat iron to pull the section in another direction if you want to style your hair in some other way.
- Next add a small amount of silicone based hair shine solution. But use only a small amount as adding too much of it could spoil your hair.
- Be careful with moisture or sweat as they could end your straightening. Shampooing your hair will also bring your hair back to normal.